darinsmasthead2

Monday, April 04, 2005

maybe I'm wrong?

Why is it that it seems like everyone is reflexively disagreeing with me? I mean , of course I expect people to have differences of opinion and not simply nod their heads in empty headed approval at every thing I declare, but it seems like I am unable to make even the most benign observation without being challenged.

It's not just political stuff, although I typically enjoy those disagreements, it's about everything. Ex: I was trying to tell a story the other day, and I was talking about the engine in my truck, and how it is sluggish, and I compared it to how a well-made engine just seems to run up through the tach (I'm making engine noises right now but they are very hard to hear, listen carefully). The point is, this was not something that anyone should be correcting me on, it is my opinion of the feeling I get when driving MY car.

I suppose when you make declarative statements you must expect people to take issue with some of them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reflexively I'd like to argue that it's not your "opinion of the feeling" you get when driving your car, it's just the feeling you get. You wouldn't say "In my opinion, that's how I feel." Would you?

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you might try actually debating rather than openly and seemingly only criticing ideas while dancing around facts that challenge your beliefs or opinion

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home