darinsmasthead2

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

you are what you want to be

This is no great enlightenment of intelligence, but; you are what you think you are.

Or to paraphrase Eminem, aka Slim Shady-I am whatever you say I am. If I'm not--then why would say I am?

I used to know a guy that fancied himself a true hippy, and sure enough, by the time we finished college he was. Living out of a van, with a dog and his grateful dead music, traveling to shows, no job, no education, no clothes, no shoes...just a lot of music and all the other paraphernalia that comes with hippies (patchouli, incense, weed....)

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly Hyde said...

Okay, so enlighten me here. What's patchouli? I want to know because I bought some shampoo the other day at B&B Works called "Wheat Bran Patchouli." I didn't really want to buy it, but after seeing it the store, I couldn't get the word "patchouli" out of my brain. I've literally been reapeating it to myself at random for weeks. I could've looked it up, but that takes away from the mania, doesn't it?

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home