darinsmasthead2

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Memphis



I spent Thursday and Friday in Memphis, Tennessee. The company I work for owns the multimedia marketing rights to the University of Memphis Tigers athletic program.

I create invoices and collect money on their behalf. We spent an afternoon meeting with the sales people, and the general manager to see a little bit about what they do, and how they do it. I went on a sales call with one of the account executives, (well done, Mindy).

I also got the opportunity to tour the FedEx Forum where much of our inventory is located, like signage and ribbon boards. I met the Athletic Director of the University and he showed me some of his extensive Elvis collection.

Memphis is a great American city, it feels like the deep south. The best part about visiting was the hospitality of our hosts. Brent and his staff took Mike and I on a whirlwind tour of the city on Thursday evening. We hit a great BBQ restaurant, stopped in on some world famous landmarks and I raced this goat at Silky O'Sullivans.

Great trip. Thanks Brent, Kenny, Pat, Mindy, Abby, and Christie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home