darinsmasthead2

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Is there a lawyer in the house?

Class action suit idea:

Jefferson City water district failed to add fluoride to our water for a couple of years, they saved a few thousand dollars, but in the process did irreparable damage to the teeth of those that live in the water district.

I had perfect teeth. Emphasis on had. I have now had more work done than I care to mention, and my sons (7 and 5) have now both had to get crowns, on their baby teeth. They brush every day, drink a ton of milk, and they even floss.

I couldn’t figure out why my oldest was having so much trouble with his teeth and then I read that, woops, our water district just quietly stopped adding fluoride and nobody noticed. Here’s the link.


What can you do?

Go to Wal-Mart (yes, Wal-Mart and I don’t want to hear any anti-capitalist screeds about how Wal-Mart hurts the little guy—it helps the even littler guy…), and buy a Fluoride rinse---use it; you may be able to reverse some of the damage.

I don’t actually want to sue the water district, but I would like to have my nice teeth back and I wish my sons didn’t have silver crowns where their little molars should go.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Djobe-
Where's your responsibility for your childrens oral health?
They added flouride again, after the public outcry months ago.
Oh, and go to your local pharmacy, don't let the big corporation continue to kill America.

8:48 AM  
Blogger djobe said...

Reading/retention is not your strong suit. While I wish that the government agencies responsible for monitoring the water districts had done their job in a timely fashion and notified consumers about the lack of fluoride so that they could take the appropriate action...I said, "I don’t actually want to sue the water district, but I would like to have my nice teeth back and I wish my sons didn’t have silver crowns where their little molars should go."

Since they started adding it again, we can excuse the three years where they didn't and didn't tell anyone.....

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

9:00 AM  
Blogger djobe said...

That sounded mean, sorry J-Dub.

Point is, of course I am responsible for my own and my children's oral health.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home