darinsmasthead2

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I can't handle live performances

Thankfully I cannot physically or emotionally handle watching performances by amateur singers, dancers, actors, and circus freaks so all of the "reality" shows and talent shows that populate the airwaves on primetime TV do not interfere with my daily life.

I am not sure if I am just hard wired to be uncomfortable for other people while they perform, or if it is a learned behavior---having grown up being forced to perform in hundreds of musicals, recitals, piano recitals, trumpet competitions, jazz bands competitions, marching band festivals, etc.....

Regardless, (or irregardless depending on your sense of humor) the beauty of having a remote control is that at any point when some poor schmuck is standing in front of millions of American couch potatoes, belting out a MeatLoaf style rendition of Lionel Richie's hit song, "I'm dancing on the ceiling" I can flip the channel real quick and purge my mind of the hole experience.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"hole" experience??? Leave it to your wife to question your english
I LOVE YOU BABY

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home