darinsmasthead2

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The things you learn on Discovery channel

I love the Discovery channel, and I watch it wiht my sons (after they finish their homework.)

Why does a 7 year old have homework?

Anyway, apparently a good way to keep your head cool if you are stranded in the desert, is to take of an undershirt, cut it into a makeshift turban, and wrap it around your head to stay cool, you can't let your core body temp rise above 105.

If you are still hot, you can pee on the shirt, and wrap it around your head...this has the added benefit of making for a funny ice-breaking story when you finally get picked up by a trucker when you find a highway.

Trucker: "You smell like piss, boy."

Me: "yeah, I took a leak on my shirt and then wrapped my head with it."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this program. Pretty cool, so to speak.
It'll come in handy someday.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of a Friends episode. Anyone Know?

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home