darinsmasthead2

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I choose to be an optimist

I am not naturally an optimist…I’m not necessarily a “glass is half empty guy” so much as a “Where did this glass come from? Do I have to use this glass? And how come my glass has less than some peoples but more than others?” guy…

I have read a boat load of positive mental attitude books---boat load is probably inaccurate, let’s say 5, (it’s a small boat). Each one of them agrees: much of life---your measurement of success, what you prioritize as most important, and what you are able to achieve hinges on your ability to have a positive attitude, to be an optimist in the face of adversity, to overcome obstacles.

I believe that you can make a conscious decision to choose to be an optimist if you are not naturally inclined that way.

"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln

“The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity." Winston Churchill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is a wonderful post!!!

Andrew Lear

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home