darinsmasthead2

Thursday, November 01, 2007

what part of "illegal" do we not understand?

I know that the immigration "issue" tugs at the heart strings sometimes, and is a big and complicated mess that only a professional heart string tugger (Democrat) can understand and therefore offer a "solution," but I just don't understand what is so complicated.
In Missouri, a loooong way from the border, we have an enormous influx of illegal aliens.

In my overly simplistic conservative mind I have created a simple solution. Whenever law enforcement personnel come into contact with an illegal alien, they should detain them in order for INS to deport them.

I know it's heartless, and cruel but they are here illegally---by definition...and I am not saying they should form immigration squads and go door to door rounding people up. I am simply saying that if a law enforcement officer comes into contact with an illegal, like a traffic stop or a misdemeanor---that would be a good time to go ahead and deport them.

In NY, they are going to go ahead and say, "we know you are here illegally, but here's your state issued driver's license." I am going to go out on a limb and say that most Missourians would not agree with that decision.

If you watched the Democratic debate a couple nights ago, you noticed that Senator Clinton had a hard time nailing down exactly what she thinks about giving people here in the US illegally a driver's license. She actually said, it "makes a lot of sense" to give licenses to people here illegallly and that Gov. Spitzer is trying to "fill the vacuum left by the failure of this Administration to bring about comprehensive immigration reform," which she then followed up with, “I just want to add, I did not say that it should be done, but I certainly recognize why Governor Spitzer is trying to do it." This prompted Mr. Dodd to interject that her second answer didn't sound like her first. So the moderator tried to get the candidate to clarify: "Do you support [Mr. Spitzer's] plan?"
"You know, Tim, this is where everybody plays gotcha," Mrs. Clinton replied. "It [Spitzer's proposal] makes a lot of sense. Do I think this is the best thing for any Governor to do? No."

It's clear, unequivocal leardership like this that we have come to expect from the Clinton's. It's going to be a long election cycle.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home