darinsmasthead2

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Toyota trivia

The new line of cars manufactured by Toyota under a different label, "Scion" is pretty clever. They intentionally market themselves to be basic well made imports with a million different ways to customize them to make them your own.
"Scion" actually means: a detached living portion of a plant joined to a stock in a grafting, or it can also mean a descendent or child.

I have this theory on vehicles that cars with names are inevitably less attractive than cars with numbers. Which would you rather have, a Pontiac Grand Prix or a Chrysler 300? It's even more obvious with imports. Would you rather drive a Taurus or a 540il? (Ford or BMW)

I am a car freak, love them, can identify make and model of any late model (1990 or newer although I like older cars too.) It's not really about materialism, (I drive an 8 year old Nissan with 110,000 miles.) I just like cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home