darinsmasthead2

Friday, August 24, 2007

A Gaping Hole

I couldn’t be an astrophysicist; it all seems too theoretical, like a story that’s based on a sliver of truth and then drawn to a fantastic and unlikely conclusion.
Scientists just found a gigantic empty hole. I know, its exciting, but wait—there’s more. Apparently there is nothing in it. Absolutely empty hole, with no matter whatsoever. And it’s HUGE, like 1 billion light years across of nothing. How do you measure 1 billion light years of nothing? I mean, I am trying to invision a method to decipher exactly where nothing starts and ends.
When I read about something like this I think, “who gives a hoot?” But I also think, “Wow, if we have been gazing into the stars for hundreds of years, and doing it with some fairly sophisticated equipment for the past 100 years and this is the first time we noticed a 1 billion light year wide hole of emptiness, what they heck have we been looking at all this time?”
Obviously we should fill that sucker up with something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Custard gets my vote.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home