darinsmasthead2

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Jim Carrey is my Janeane Garafolo

I haven’t cut my hair in about 4 months, which means that even though I make fun of tree hugging hippies, I am beginning to look like one.
My wife is beautiful, and people often claim she looks “just like….”
Sometimes she thinks the comparison is more flattering than others. For example, when people say she looks just like Sara Evans, the country music singer, she is flattered. When people say she looks just like Janeane Garafolo…not so much. I tell her that what they mean to say is that she is beautiful with a resemblance to a successful actress.
When someone makes a comparison to a “Hollywood celebrity,” it is probably intended to be a compliment. Recently I have had multiple people say I look just like Jim Carrey, and I know it’s intended to be a compliment—and also a comment on my occasionally strange behavior, so I have to keep telling myself, “smile, it’s a compliment.” But it’s hard not to think they are saying that I look like this:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's what I meant.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home