darinsmasthead2

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I am not a Buddhist, nor do I aspire to be one.

I am not a Buddhist, nor do I aspire to be one. I like the simplicity of zen koans. I think that every time I read one, I approach the day with that idea in mind.

I think that much of the wisdom that is contained in the Bible could be very easily rephrased and found in a book about Buddhism.

On a Biblical note: I am going to challenge myself to read Proverbs. My sister gave me a book and it mentioned that Proverbs has 31 chapters and a typical month has 31 days---so each day you just read the chapter that corresponds with the day. Simple enough right? Today’s the 16th…

I started reading the Bible cover to cover a couple years ago, and I have stutter started at least three times, there are only 66 books and yet I can’t remember ever reading every one. So…in an effort to get caught up, I will go ahead and read the first 16 Chapters now, and then for the 17-31 I will read according to the plan.

If there is a historical inaccuracy, or technical error that is revealed in the Bible, and you believe that the Bible is the word of God, does it shake the foundations of Biblical belief? Should we be able to reconcile an inconsistency?

I recently heard some historian say that the census ordered by Herod would not have required Mary and Joseph to travel to Bethlehem, in fact, the Roman regulations for a census required that people suspend traveling, to stay home and be counted.

If the historian is right what does that mean?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, there's a lot of inconsistency. You know that there's no way Jesus was born in December, right? Shepards would not be in the field during winter. Check out Pat Condell on YouTube for some good commentary on atheism.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home