darinsmasthead2

Monday, March 03, 2008

MacGuyver's Coffee Maker


Our water is so hard that sometimes, as it comes out of the faucet it threatens me while brandishing a weapon. I catch our water listening to old school rap and giving itself prison tattoos on it's knuckles that say, "L-I-M-E." This is not the kind of water that you should trifle with.

So I find myself purchasing a new coffee maker every few months, it turns out that running our hard water through a coffee maker really pisses it off...and it takes out it's frustrations by completely clogging up the works and making it impossible to brew a decent cup.


So I thought to myself after ruining another coffee maker, "how would MacGuyver brew a cup of joe?"


I came up with this: boil some water, stick a filter in a styrofoam cup with some holes poked in the bottom, and pour it through. I didn't need a swiss army knife, but I suppose I could have used one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, here's the deal. If you're trashing a coffee maker that often, you're also trashing your dish washer, hot water heater, on and on...
Take some of that rebate money and get a water softener...

9:33 AM  
Blogger djobe said...

there's a good idea, I will!

Plus it makes you wonder what you are dong to your kidneys, if your toilets and faucets and everything have a rusty lime scale on them...what do your insides look like?

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home