darinsmasthead2

Monday, July 25, 2005

behind every good man...

there is a raving lunatic woman. (just kidding--not behind every good man)

What am I talking about? Well, I am glad you asked. Lance Armstrong has just won his 7th Tour de Gaul. (congratulations, you're the greatest cyclist the world has ever known, yadda yadda yadda.)
What are his next ambitions? Well it has been heavily leaked that he will become a politician. And with advisors like this, who could deny that he will be a force to reckoned with?
None other than Vietnam Vet (and part time Massachusetts Senator) John Kerry hopes to ride on Lance's coattails.

"Mr. Kerry says he would be thrilled if his friend entered politics -- "as long as he joins the right party." While Mr. Armstrong is friendly with President Bush, another avid cyclist, he is unlikely to join the GOP. Certainly, his girlfriend wouldn't approve. Ms. Crow has appeared on network television wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with "I DON'T BELIEVE IN YOUR WAR, MR. BUSH!"
While her views are at least clear, an Associated Press reporter who profiled her in 2003 found her reasoning a little, well, simplistic. "War is based in greed and there are huge karmic retributions that will follow," she explained. "I think war is never the answer to solving any problems. The best way to solve problems is not to have enemies." While Mr. Armstrong is probably a Democrat, here's hoping he doesn't rely on Ms. Crow for advice if he enters politics."

That last paragraph was from today's edition of John Fund's Political Diary available on opinionjournal.com by the Wall Street Journal.

Her reasoning is so precise, I can't believe no one else thought of it---we simply need to not have enemies....someone call the Pentagon.

Don't get me wrong, Sheryl Crow's music is not horrible, in small doses. But I think I will leave the foreign policy up to experts---like Blink 182.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we've seen recently with the rampant success that Live 8 had how much effect musicians who are out of touch with reality have on most politicians.

That said, Crow being from Missouri and spouting such idiocy shows just how much trouble our schools here are in.

CM

9:17 PM  
Blogger L said...

I wish I were a fountain of political knowledge like you are so I could say something profound, cause your bashing my favorite singer. In fear of sounding like an idiot, though, I'll just say Sheryl Crow's music rocks in any amount of doses and I couldn't be silent while someone I know takes jabs at her.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LLear, I'm not a fan of Crow, but if she comes on the radio, I don't turn the station.
I was probably reacting a little harshly when I made the statement above, but it's entirely too simplified. If you don't have enemies, then there will still be people who want what you have, and when you don't give it to them, or don't give them enough, that pisses them off and makes your relations "strained", we'll say. Her ideas work on an interpersonal level, and they work wonderfully between individuals, but among nations, they tend to not work in the least. Also, it's you're. ;)


Smays, all I can say is thank you. You made me rethink my previous post.. ;)

CM

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home