darinsmasthead2

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

more than 2/3rds of Britons are cremated?

eww...I try not to think about what I will have done to my body when I die. It's one of those things that I prefer to not consider, but I read this story with macabre interest---and I bet the problem is even worse in the US.

Funeral directors are having a hard time burning their collective fat arses in conventional furnaces, (maybe they should try convection ovens?) No seriously, people are on average getting too big to fit in standard crematoria (crematoriums sounds silly) so they are retrofitting their existing furnaces (or is it furnaci?) to fit.

What surprised me was that of the 600k Britons that will die this year, over 400k of them will be cremated. That seems awfully high, I wonder if it has anything to do with living on an island, land being scarce, etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home